AI-Accelerated Product Development
How to Create More Ethical Language Models
Total time needed:
Learn about bias and toxicity in language models, create a more ethical language model, or adjust a language model to be more ethical.
Potential Use Cases
You need to create an unbiased, non-toxic language model, or you need to adjust an existing language model to be unbiased and non-toxic.
Who is This For ?
NLP practitioners creating or using a language model, or people studying AI ethics.
Click on each of the following
to see details.
1. Bias in Natural Language Processing (NLP): A Dangerous But Fixable Problem
What kinds of biases are present in NL and how can they be fixed?
2. GeDi: A Powerful New Method for Controlling Language Models
How can I use the GeDi package to control bias in a language model?
3. Controlling Text Generation for Language Models
How do I use the PPLM approach to control text generation from a language model?
4. Data Statements for Natural Language Processing: Toward Mitigating System Bias and Enabling Better Science
How do I make people aware of the potential biases in my data?
5. Mitigating Gender Bias in Natural Language Processing: Literature Review
What are the areas of research on ways to mitigate bias in NLP?
6. Towards Controllable Biases in Language Generation
What is another area of research for tools to decrease biases in text generation?